Editing maps in ArcGIS Online

11-19-2014 02:03 AM
JensAndersson
New Contributor II

I created a map in ArcGIS Online. It didn't let med put things from "My Contents" (or whatever the proper english name is) in the map. Instead, I had to upload the files directly to the map. Now it won't let me edit the map, it just says "Error loading the map". I still can see it in my ArcGis app, however.

If I try to create a new map by uploading the files once again, it says "Error" again.

So I wonder:

1. Why won't the map design window let me add things from "My contents"?

2. Why won't the map even open for editing after I have saved it?

3. Why won't the site let me uploadthe files to a new again?

ArcGis online seems incredbly buggy at the moment...there are functions like adding from my content, but nothing shows up even if I have uploaded the files.

Or have I done somthing wrong somehow?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Jens,

do you have an organizational account or a free account? If you have a free account, then you can only add zipped shapefiles directly to a map, you can't add files to your content and then add them to a map.

If you have an organizational account, then you can upload feature services, through ArcGIS Desktop to your content and then you are able to add them from there to your map.

Please let me know what kind of account you have.

Tim

0 Kudos
JensAndersson
New Contributor II

Hello! Ah, I have a free account so far. I do, however, work at the Regional board of administration of the County of Värmland. I created the account to see if we had any use of ArcGIS online. Where on the site can I see what prices you have to pay? For the time, I have trouble seeing the labels I have created. Are labels also one of the features which are inaccesible in a free account?

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Jens,

here you can see the pricing: ArcGIS Online | Pricing

Does your workplace own ArcGIS Desktop licenses? If yes, then you already own an organizational account, with 100 free credits per license. Contact support to activate it.

You can lable with a free account, see here: Create labels—Help | ArcGIS

Tim

0 Kudos
JensAndersson
New Contributor II

Thank you. I will contact the support.

Regarding the labels, they work fine if I use the map interface on the computer. But they do not show up on my Iphone ArcGIS App. Neither can I use the search function to find the objects.

0 Kudos