AnsweredAssumed Answered

Locate Features Along Routes for Lines not working?

Question asked by timdine on Nov 14, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 4, 2015 by timdine

I'm attempting to convert some line data about pavement condition to dynamic segmentation events.  I have my routes created and I have lines for the pavement condition.  I believe I have the routes setup correctly because I can run the "Locate Features Along Routes" tool for a number of point layers without any trouble.  I get my events perfectly.  I can also take a polygon feature class and get line events perfectly.  I can't get lines to create line events.

I can buffer my pavement data and convert that to line events, but I get extra bits at the end of the buffers that I don't want.  I can run the tool succesfully on any empty line feature class.  I can take my pavement condition FC, delete all the features, and the tool runs successfully and an empty event table is created.  If there is a single line anywhere in the source FC the tool bombs with a "Table not found" error, no event table is created.

Is there something wonky with this tool?  Is there an alternative?  Can anyone else confirm that the tool works for them?

I'm using ArcGIS 10.2.1 without any SP.

Outcomes