Story Map Swipe: Issues with bookmark texts

Jump to solution
11-13-2014 08:03 AM
CONABIONC_for_Knowledge_and_Us
Occasional Contributor

Dear all,

We noticed a funny issue in a storymap we´ve already published: http://speck.conabio.gob.mx/NALCMS/2005_2010/en/index.html

When you switch between the bookmarks you can see, that the text for each site is being cut, WHEN the title occupies more than one line!

Is this a bug or an error from us?

thank you and best regards,

Flo

P.S.: We found the following work-around. Define a ney css style, put the header you want to use within the main text, but in a own <p>paragraph</p> and apply the style you defined to this paragraph.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Got it, thanks we will definitely fix that.

I opened an issue for you to track the bug being resolved Swipe series - long description are cut off · Issue #15 · Esri/swipe-map-storytelling-template-js · ...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
GregoryL_Azou

Hi,

Glad you found a workaround. I can't seem to reproduce in the link you gave or using the downloadable version without any modification. Is this title the issue? Maybe the issue only appear in some browser?

swipe.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Gregory,

seems that I didn´t explain well: What´s being cut is the end of the main text.

In the example below, for instance, the text is cut at the word "of", but there are some words (= one line) missing.

swipe.jpg

cheers,

Flo

GregoryL_Azou

Got it, thanks we will definitely fix that.

I opened an issue for you to track the bug being resolved Swipe series - long description are cut off · Issue #15 · Esri/swipe-map-storytelling-template-js · ...

Occasional Contributor

Hi Gregory,

regarding the issues with the missing text line, we also noticed that neither text nor legend are shown correctly when you change the size of the browser window, e.g. when you make the window smaller and then maximize it again (see image below).

swipe.jpg

Another issue occurs when you make the window smaller and reload the map - in this case again the last line of the text is being cut.

I´m not sure if this is part of the bug you already reported?

cheers,

Flo

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

We will also look at that thanks

0 Kudos