The labeling on one of my services works when I create labels but stops working in the app soon after.

11-12-2014 06:22 AM
RobertBunch
New Contributor

The labeling on one of my map services online works when I create labels but stops working in the application soon after. has anyone else had this problem if so is there a solution?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RaymondHuang1
New Contributor III
I guess more details will help get you a constructive response. Are you using a map service that you published? How are you consuming the map service? Which API did you develop the app on?
0 Kudos
RobertBunch
New Contributor

I published the map service in arcGIS online. the application I created is our zoning map (Polygons) and I created labels from the layer drop down of the zoning layer. The labels showed up at first in the web map and the application I published, then when the app is opened on our web site the labels are not there anymore. The map is on the City of Pflugerville Texas web site (Zoning Map).

0 Kudos
RaymondHuang1
New Contributor III
The labels from the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer draws using a Graphic Layer. I do not think it is always retained if you consume your saved webmap through other means. 
​Did you publish the map service to ArcGIS Online via ArcGIS for Desktop, i.e. ArcMap? If you did, you may want to revisit your map document to turn on the labels from the layer in your map document and republish it. let me know if that works for you. 
0 Kudos