AnsweredAssumed Answered

Looking for ways to automate weekly map production (change title, count)

Question asked by OCACNY on Nov 11, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 4, 2015 by wwmiller68

Hello, I'm looking for ways to automate a couple of our repetitive map processes.  Each week my analysts go into individual Arc Maps to create .pdf exports of their respective crime types that are published on the Police Department's website.  They have to update the date range in the title (previous Monday through Sunday) and change the total count of crimes.  I was hoping there would be a way to have the date range automatically display by using a SQL statement similar to the one I use in the definition query:

ToDate Between DATEADD(wk,DATEDIFF(wk,7,GETDATE()),0) AND DATEADD(wk,DATEDIFF(wk,7,GETDATE()),6)

I would also like to have the total number of crimes change based on how many are selected through the definition query.  It would be the equivalent of a count of the attributes, I think.

All of the maps are using definition queries based off the same view in SDE.  There are several analysts who are each responsible for their own crime type.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I have been researching this for a couple of weeks and am stuck.  Thank you!!!

Outcomes