How to calculate the coordinates of the distance from the beginning of the road

11-06-2014 11:12 PM
Labels (1)
AnatoliiTerentiev
Occasional Contributor III

Dear Gurus!

How to calculate the coordinates of the distance from the beginning of the road on a layer of the line features?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PinhasLiran
New Contributor

You should make the nodes of the line of that've road , each node have coordinate. You can use a tool ET GeoWizards, ET GeoTools and ET Surface for ArcGIS - Downloads  

IT works with argis software and it free. In the geowizard you should convert line to points and then you will get the nodes with coordinates.

AnatoliiTerentiev

Sorry, how to this with WPF API?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Anatoli, it might be easier if you post your questions in this place assuming that this is the correct one

AnatoliiTerentiev

What I must to do to post question on the another thread ?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Anatolii, , I moved it...keep that link I sent you as one you "follow" then you can select it and post there directly

DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor

You can look at this Silverlight Sample that demonstrates how to calculate at client side the shortest distance between a point a set of lines or polygons.

Another option is to calculate at server side using the Geoprocessing tools.

AnatoliiTerentiev

The shortest distance is not the case. Geoprocessing tools  I will see.  I'm looking at the moment the decision in WPF, not in Silverlight. And while I do not understand what means "to do on the server", and how  it is associated with the MAP service. I will try to do this using arcobjects.    Thank you.

P.S. Sorry. I understood everything. In my case server and client side are on one computer.

0 Kudos