How to enable per replica sync on ArcGIS server 10.2.2?

11-10-2014 03:10 AM
JuhoVainio
Occasional Contributor

I need to use per replica sync model with ArcGIS server, but the service's Supports PerReplica Sync: false. How do I enable it?

The Supports PerLayer Sync is true for all services.

ESRI's documentation only says this (it doesn't describe what needs to be done to enable it):

supportsPerReplicaSync will be true if the layers can be synchronized together, and the service will accept a value of perReplica for the sync model during the createReplica operation. If supportsPerReplicaSync is false, then the only sync model supported is perLayer. Only present if syncEnabled is true.

Also, how do I know when "the layers can be synchronized togeter"? Is there a setting/a state which defines it?

We need this for the offline sync to work with ArcGIS Runtime Desktop API for Microsoft .Net (10.2.4.0).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RussellBrennan
Esri Contributor

Hi Juho,

Are you using ArcGIS Server feature services or hosted feature services from ArcGIS.com? Why is it that you want to use per replica instead of per layer sync?

0 Kudos
JuhoVainio
Occasional Contributor

Because we have a lot of relationship classes from features to tables, and per layer sync downloads the whole contents of a table and not just the related records.

We're using our own ArcGIS Server Feature services.

0 Kudos
BhavinSanghani
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Juho,

Could you find when supportsPerReplicaSync and supportsPerLayerSync will be true or false? How can we change them? I am in same situation of yours for mobile app in disconnect mode.

0 Kudos