ArcGIS Explorer 1500 crashes on launch

08-27-2010 12:09 PM
JeffGriggs
New Contributor
I get the splash screen for about 45 seconds, then it crash with a "serious application error".  I'm running XP, with 9.3 installed on same machine.  Am I missing something?
0 Kudos
15 Replies
DarynRadford
New Contributor
I managed to get it to crash in a couple of minutes.  Tried to do a route and it crashed.  Why is this software so full of bugs, I have nerver used it sucessfully in any release. And certainly can not recommend it to be used in my corporate environment
0 Kudos
NicholasGross
Occasional Contributor II
I get the splash screen for about 45 seconds, then it crash with a "serious application error".  I'm running XP, with 9.3 installed on same machine.  Am I missing something?

I have the same problem. On my Windows 7 desktop, it runs fine. But, on our Windows Vista laptops, I get the splash screen for a while, then it crashes and I get the "send error report" dialog. It is supposedly compatible with Vista, and I've made sure the .Net framework is up to date, but no luck.
0 Kudos
LeeAllen
Occasional Contributor
I have the same problem on Vista.  Chatted with support analyst.  They had me reconfigure a few things on the OS, but still no luck.
0 Kudos
EdanCain
New Contributor II
Hi,
in each one of your cases have you tried checking for the latest graphics card drivers for your machines?
if not, can you install the latest and again try running the application.
If you have, can you supply us with your machine and graphics card details please.

Thanks,
Edan
0 Kudos
hervechonez
New Contributor
Hi,

Same problem on a labtop.
Graphic card :
mobile intel 4 series express chipset familly
pilot 6.14.10.4980

thanks
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

Have you run the system requirements checker for that setup? You can find it here: http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri_if/1186/10895.

Regards

Mike
0 Kudos
LyleBoychuk
New Contributor
Hi
I am having the same issue with a Lenovo R400 with the Intel 4 series express chipset...did the original posters eventually resolve the problem?.....What is the fix?

Lyle
0 Kudos
NicholasGross
Occasional Contributor II
According to tech support, there is a known incompatibility with that particular chipset. As of a couple months ago when I spoke with them, there was no solution.
0 Kudos
LyleBoychuk
New Contributor
Thanks Presto
I was afraid of that......

Lyle
0 Kudos