Failed to paste. The domain was not found?

11-05-2014 01:06 PM
LauraBookman1
New Contributor

I keep getting a paste failed message (Failed to paste GeologicFeatures The domain Was not found). Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Laura,

Can you provide some background on your environment.  What type of geodatabase are you copying from/to?   What version?  Ex:

Copying from 10.1 File Geodatabase to 10.2.2 SDE Geodatabase using SQL Server 2012

0 Kudos
LauraBookman1
New Contributor

just copying from a personal geodatabase to a file geodatabase in arcCatalog

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Does the feature class have a domain applied to it? 

One thing you can try is to perform an export from the personal geodatabase to the file geodatabase.  After that is successful, execute the Domain to Table tool to export the domain(s) to a table, and then the Table to Domain tool to import the domains into the file geodatabase.  You can then assign the domain back to the feature class.

0 Kudos
RandyKreuziger
Occasional Contributor III

I've copied and pasted feature classes with domains for years, but haven't encountered this same error until today.  I'm copying from one ArcSDE database to another.  The target sde database does not contain any domains.  When I go to paste I'm use to seeing the feature class named and all of the domains listed but not this time.

The only thing that looks different is that the domains all have spaces in their names.  Is this a problem?

We are running ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 on both desktop and SDE.  SQL Server 2012.

0 Kudos