Wrong Visibility range for Map Service in ArcGIS Pro

11-03-2014 05:32 PM
JakeJacobs
Occasional Contributor III

First time in ArcGIS Pro.  I added a map service - tried both from AGOL and connecting straight to my ArcGIS Server (10.2.1).  The top level of the map service shows a lighter gray checkmark next to it and none of the layers are visible at the scales I've got them set to draw in the map service.

When I open up the layer properties, the visibility range has In beyond and Out beyond both set to 1:4,622,324 (which I definitely don't have set in my map service - I can see it in the regular arcgis.com viewer, and in arcgis desktop just fine).

The one thing that may be odd about this map service is that all the layers are defaulted to unchecked to start because it shows all our facility and the user in other apps has to pick which group they want to view rather than have them all draw from the start.

Any ideas?

I tried another map service that seems to display just fine from the same server.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Erika,

Can you give us the AGOL item URL to your map service so we can take a look?  Some services may have some issues with minscale/maxscale values, which can cause this problem, but I want to be sure.

0 Kudos
JakeJacobs

Not really, it's a secured service.  But can I send you the JSON from the "layers" rest endpoint or the MapServer endpoint or something similar?  Just let me know what the right level would be.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Erika,

Sorry for the delay.  I saw a similar issue come across my desk from tech support the other day - so I assume the appropriate team is taking a look.

0 Kudos
JakeJacobs

Do you know what the workaround is?

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm not aware of a workaround, but I seem to remember setting the appropriate properties for min and max scale on the service itself (in manager or ArcCatalog) being one thing to try.  Again - I merely saw it in passing - we're kind of juggling a lot of stuff here getting ready to ship Pro .  Did you submit to tech support?

0 Kudos
MarkLangford1
New Contributor II

I have come across this same issue. We have a 3rd party providing Ortho imagery and I haven't been able to add it to Pro. When I add the service layer, the min, max scales are both set to 72,225. When I change either, or both scales, the layer is no longer 'greyed out', but the imagery will not show. The imagery works fine in ArcMap 10.2.1.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

guys,

can you take a look at the service endpoint in a browser and see what min/max scales are set to there?

and Mark, can you provide me with the URL for the service?

0 Kudos
JakeJacobs

Min Scale: 4622324.434309

Max Scale: 0

Is what I’ve got. On a map service that works properly I’ve got:

Min Scale: 0

Max Scale: 0

0 Kudos
MarkLangford1
New Contributor II

Min Scale: 72225