Shapefiles not aligning with terrain in CityEngine?

10-31-2014 03:04 PM
KathrynAngleton
New Contributor III

I have just started a new project in CE. Prior to CE, I had made a shapefile of the river included in my terrain. I digitized it using an ortho of the area I'm trying to render in CE. I know for a fact the river shapefile, the DEM, and the orthos are all the same coordinate system and projections. However, after importing the terrain file into CE, when I tried to import the river shapefile, it appeared completely out of frame of the terrain. Anybody have any ideas as to what's going on?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You are saying that you checked in arccatalog or the projection itself?

0 Kudos
KathrynAngleton
New Contributor III

When I made it in ArcCatalogue, I know I used the same projections (NAD 1983 HARN (US FEET) State Plane (Florida West)) for the shapefile as I did for the ortho and DEM. I also double checked. And they are the same. I can't even "zoom to extent" (obviously since that does not exist in CE) to see just how far off they are, but my guess is they are very far apart.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

well, if you add the shapefile to a separate data frame in arcmap and the image/dem into another data frame you will be able to inspect the coordinates to see if they make sense....don't know about how you check coordinates in CE

0 Kudos