Raster Symbology Issues: ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
10-30-2014 12:38 PM
SeanO_Brien
New Contributor III

Here are the issues -

I’m running Prerelease 1.0. I bring in a 1 meter DEM, and change the color ramp to an elevation style. I change the statistics to display from current extent. Everything looks fine when I’m zoomed out to the full extent (see "Initial overview" attachment)

When I begin to zoom in, the colors start to warp to colors that are not part of the color ramp I picked. (see "Zoom In 1" attachment)

When I zoom in all the way, the colors warp even more to a grayscale color ramp. Also, the full resolution of the DEM is not shown. (See "Zoom In 2" attachment)

It seems as if it’s generalizing it to a range of values. For reference I have attached "Zoom In Correct" (from ArcGIS Desktop) to be compared to "Zoom In 2" (From ArcGIS Pro).

So why is the color ramp changing, and why aren't the full range of values in the DEM being shown?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KirstenPinkston
Esri Contributor

Hi Sean,

Checkout BUG-000085001 for more details. This bug was logged to document the color scheme issue that you describe above: "When dynamic range adjustment (DRA) is applied to a raster layer or stretch symbology statistics is set to be from current display extent, the color scheme is off from the color ramp specified."

Thanks,

Kirsten

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SeanO_Brien
New Contributor III

This is still an issue for me even after the latest update. Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
KirstenPinkston
Esri Contributor

Hi Sean,

Checkout BUG-000085001 for more details. This bug was logged to document the color scheme issue that you describe above: "When dynamic range adjustment (DRA) is applied to a raster layer or stretch symbology statistics is set to be from current display extent, the color scheme is off from the color ramp specified."

Thanks,

Kirsten