Publishing Mosaic Raster as Image Service

10-29-2014 01:36 PM
DavidMarquardt
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm having problems publishing a mosaic raster that has a time dimension.  I have ArcGIS Image Extension installed, and am able to publish an image service, but the result doesn't carry over the pixel values (every cell is valued at 1.134274E+38).  I followed the steps from ArcGIS Help 10.1  .  I didn't register the underlying data, instead transferring everything (12 rasters) to the server.  Here are some screen shots that might explain more:

What I began with in an mxd  (originalMosaicRasterMxdTimeDimension.png)

Some of the parameters I had in the Service Editor  (ConvertingToImageService.png)

The result, when I drag the image service into an mxd, to view (ResultsNotCarryingOverValue.png).

Would appreciate any help, or if more information is needed for a meaningful answer, let me know - I wasn't sure what parameters to include.

David

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi David,

As a test, can you open the Image Analysis window (Windows > Image Analysis) in ArcMap, select the image service in the top window and the check 'DRA'.  Do the pixel values change?

DavidMarquardt
New Contributor III

Jake,

Thanks!  After checking 'DRA' the legend min/max goes from -1.134274E+38 to 1.134274E+38 (before it went from 0 to 2094).  Also, the image turns into a checkered grid.  Ever seen this before?

David

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

A checkered grid usually indicates that the client cannot find the images.  When you created the mosaic dataset, did you load the rasters using a UNC path (i.e. \\server\rasters)?  Check to make sure the ArcGIS Server Account user (defaults to 'arcgis') has read privileges to the rasters and that you loaded them into the mosaic dataset set with UNC paths.

DavidMarquardt
New Contributor III

Jake,

Thanks again, I've been looking into this.  Changed locations to a UNC registered path.  Seems to be something else.  Will let you know when it finally works.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
DavidMarquardt
New Contributor III

Jake,

Looks like it turned out to be an issue with Integer vs Float values in the pixels (I had used float).  The correct values get added.  I'm having trouble keeping the Footprint NoData value from converting into a 0, but looking into that now..

David

0 Kudos