Issue with Measurement Widget & Lat/Long when upgrading to 3.11

Jump to solution
10-27-2014 09:46 AM
MS
by
New Contributor III

Hi

A little background: All other things being equal, this issue occurs on 3.11, but not 3.10 - I've tested both side by side to be sure.  I have also CTRL-F5'd in the browser to confirm that it was not a caching issue.  I've tried Firefox & IE10 and had the same issue in 3.11 occur on both.  Measuring distance and area work both work fine for me, the only issue I'm experiencing is with the 'Location' measurement.

Here's my measurement code (quite simple):

this.measure = new Measurement({

map: this.map,

defaultAreaUnit: this.defaultAreaUnit,

defaultLengthUnit: this.defaultLengthUnit

}, domConstruct.create('div')).placeAt(this.domNode);

this.measure.startup();

So, to the problem:

When I use the measure 'location' tool in the measurement widget, the longitude updates when I move the mouse around the map, but the latitude does not.  The latitude updates - a single time - if I zoom in/out of the map.  The latitude shown as part of the auto-updating portion comes up as very odd numbers, not even close to the correct location.  The longitude in the auto-updating portion comes up as the correct longitude.

Now, when I 'click' on the map to get the clicked location show up, both the clicked values in the widget update.  It gets even odder than the previous paragraph though, as the clicked Latitude shows up as the correct Latitude, but the clicked Longitude shows up as a wrong value.  So in short, in auto-mode the Longitude is working correctly, and when clicking, the Latitude is working correctly.

Anyone else experiencing this?  Were changes made to the widget in 3.11 that could cause this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MS
by
New Contributor III

Just in case anyone stumbles across this thread in the future, the issue was fixed in version 3.12.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
FredSpataro
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

I'm seeing this as well with the upgrade to 3.11 using stock measurement dijit...nothing else special.  I just checked the stock measurement API sample ( Measure Tool ) it's broken there as well.  So it's not something special about our map services or application code.

Fred

0 Kudos
FredSpataro

Hi All,

Looks like it might be an issue with map services NOT in web mercator.  This sample works: Measure Tool

Fred

FredSpataro

Tech support verified the bug with non-web mercator/wgs84 spatial references.  Status at: BUG-000083043

0 Kudos
MS
by
New Contributor III

Just in case anyone stumbles across this thread in the future, the issue was fixed in version 3.12.

0 Kudos