Aerial image transformation

10-23-2014 10:13 AM
ChristopherLopez
New Contributor II

I have a question pertaining to rasters (aerial images). I need the aerial images (3 Bands) in a particular coordinate system so they will import properly into a CAD program. After running the Project Raster (Data Management) tool, the raster skews slightly and now I have values around the edges of 0,0,0. These show up as black and are noticeable when placed next to a neighboring image. The neighboring image also has the same issue, however if they are combined (mosaic) with Mosaic Operator set to MAJORITY, the 0,0,0 values are replaced and the new raster looks fine. However, with several aerial images this file grows very quickly. I was wondering if there was a way to obtain the none 0,0,0 values from the neighboring raster without merging. That way the aerial images will not display the black values around the edges. Please see attached image for more clarification. Any help is greatly appreciated.

AerialExample.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Reply
larryzhang
Occasional Contributor III

Christo,

pls use the raster model of Mosaic Dataset to project & merge your photos before  import as raster image in IMG or directly consume it in CAD (as image service for AutoCAD via ArcGIS for AutoCAD, or as a WMS service for Microstation) .

Refer to ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

Keep in mind that one more step is required in operational practice, that is, run the gp tool called 'Build Footprint' at ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2) , before creating /building overviews of this MD ...

0 Kudos