Error 99999 when building seamlines for raster mosaic

10-24-2014 02:02 AM
HanliePretorius
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm workig in Windows, ArcGIS 10.2.2.

I have created a mosaic dataset from SPOT 6 panchromatic images so that I can put a pan sharpening function on the SPOT 6 multispectral mosaic.

At the moment I have gaps of nodata between the panchromatic tiles that I hope to fix by generating seamlines (this worked for me with the multispectral mosaic). When I apply the pan sharpening function to the multispectral mosaic, the same gaps appear in the MS mosaic.

When I try to build the seamlines for the panchromatic mosaic, I get the following error:

Executing: BuildSeamlines I:\PublicImageServices\ImageServiceMosaicDatasets.gdb\SPOT_2013_PANCHROMATIC # CLOSEST_TO_VIEWPOINT ASCENDING # # # EDGE_DETECTION # BOTH 1000 PIXELS PIXELS

Start Time: Fri Oct 24 09:54:51 2014

2014-10-24T09:54:56.507: Preparing distribution of mosaic dataset operation across 2 parallel instances.

ERROR 999999: Error executing function.

No mosaic dataset item selected. This operation cannot be performed.

Failed to execute (BuildSeamlines).

Failed at Fri Oct 24 09:55:10 2014 (Elapsed Time: 19.47 seconds)

When I analyse the mosaic, in ArcMap the operation hangs at item 10 - it doesn't prgress from there.

Can anyone perhaps help me to get to the point where I can generate the seamlines for the panchromatic mosaic?

Thanks

Hanlie

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
HanliePretorius
New Contributor III

The Analayse process finally finished and reported the following warning (high severity):

71124 Raster statistics of the mosaic dataset item indicate that the raster's radiometric range might be too low for the pixel type defined for the mosaic dataset.

When I select the problematic images, they are all the original images, not the overview.

The mosaic properties are:

Product definition: Custom:

Bands: 1

Pixe type: 16 bit Uint

According to ArcMap the pixel values range from 0 to 2997.

Thanks

Hanlie

0 Kudos