WMS Security

10-22-2014 01:50 PM
Cotter
by
New Contributor II

I have secured MapService with WMS capabilities enabled that I'm trying to consume through the ArcGIS Javascript API. I have a proxy set up with credentials but anytime I run the application the WMS layer never loads, it throws this error insteasd: "Unable to determine the correct URL to request a token to access private resources".

Has anyone successfully consumed a secured WMS service with the Javascript api?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KCCGIS_Team
New Contributor III

Do you have a solution for this issue yet ?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kcc GIS_Team,

What is the url that you use to normally validate/receive a token from when using your secured WMS Service/ In setting up your proxy you define the tokenServiceUri property on the serverUrl entry.

0 Kudos
KCCGIS_Team
New Contributor III

Robert,

This is the first time we have used a WMS service, currently we only specify matchAll=true and the username and password in the proxy entry - what is the format of the attribute that specifies the token service uri ?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

KCC GIS_Team,

I don't work with secure WMS services myself, but based on the original posters info that it sounds like the WMS service has a spcific url or url param that is needed to request the token. The proxies tokenServiceUri can be added just for this purpose.

0 Kudos