AnsweredAssumed Answered

is ArcScan limited to non-georeferenced images?

Question asked by euloki on Oct 21, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 6, 2016 by gymjs1

Hi There,

I have been trying out the ArcSCAN feature and been having fun exploring the tool.  I have been through the tutorials and have gone through the pains of trying to classify an RGB .tif file.  I have even generated vectors to my great pleasure; however, this was all testing the tool with a .tif file with no spatial data.  once I introduce a georeferenced .tif, the ArcSCAN toolbar does not allow me to select it and it remains greyed out in the drop down menu.  I have even played around with a 1-bit line art converted .tif file but the minute I update the georeferencing, the image is no longer available to use with ArcSCAN.

I have not found any discussion about this, so I wonder if there is something I am missing.  I can't imagine that ESRI would provide a tool that could generate numerous line features or polygons that the user would then have to manual move to it's proper spatial location.

Does anyone know of a solution? are there settings I have missed?

Keep in mind that I have successfully used the tool and generated vectors using non-georeferenced images.

Thanks!

Anna

Outcomes