Issue with SQUID Proxy server and ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
10-20-2014 10:44 PM
MarkChilcott
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Peoples,

We have had difficulties connecting to ArcGIS Online through ArcMap, and now specifically in relation to obtaining a license for ArcGIS Pro.

It has come to our attention that SQUID Proxy does not allow ArcGIS connections on the default port.

I am attempting to find out more information in relation to this issue.  Has anyone else seen this, and have additional information?

Cheers,

Mark

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkChilcott

Hi Peoples,

The problem comes down to ArcGIS Pro does not work with authenticated Squid Proxy servers.

BUG-000083997 - ArcGIS Pro cannot communicate to through an Authenticated Forward Proxy. "HTTP 407 Proxy Authentication Required" . 

As for ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) it does work with Authenticated Forward Proxies at version 10.3 which was recently released. If the client uses an Authenticated Forward Proxy when ArcMap 10.3 is opened it will display prompt asking for credentials. Once the credentials are entered ArcMap will be able to connect to ArcGIS Online through the Authenticated Forward Proxy.

Cheers,

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkChilcott

Hi Peoples,

Have taken up with esri support.  esri appear to have been able to reproduce the problem with a default install of SQUID proxy server.  They have suggested some changes, which we are currently in discussion with our ICT department to trial.  Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
MarkChilcott

Hi Peoples,

The problem comes down to ArcGIS Pro does not work with authenticated Squid Proxy servers.

BUG-000083997 - ArcGIS Pro cannot communicate to through an Authenticated Forward Proxy. "HTTP 407 Proxy Authentication Required" . 

As for ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) it does work with Authenticated Forward Proxies at version 10.3 which was recently released. If the client uses an Authenticated Forward Proxy when ArcMap 10.3 is opened it will display prompt asking for credentials. Once the credentials are entered ArcMap will be able to connect to ArcGIS Online through the Authenticated Forward Proxy.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
JuanPeralta1
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I have a similar issue, although my configuration is slightly different: ArcGIS PRO 1.2 + Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 (more than a year after some versions have rolled out!), but also using a SQUID Proxy in a "Named users" licensing configuration. I have checked BUG-000083997 status, which is "Not in Current Product Plan".

I'm already working with ESRI Support staff, but no success yet, so here I am, sharing my prayers to the community... Has anyone out there found a valid configuration for SQUID Proxy and/or ArcGIS PRO?

Anyhow, it seems strange to me... if an "Authenticated Forward Proxy" is not supported it should be pretty clear on the documentation, and if it is a bug (as it seems to be, since it is documented as one) it should be addressed and included in a Product Plan, shouldn't it?

Best,

Juan Peralta

0 Kudos