Sharing Story Maps Problem

Jump to solution
10-20-2014 09:09 AM
MarkMontanye
New Contributor

Looking for help -

I am planning my AP Human Geography students to use ArcGIS Online to create a story map journal of a large Human Migration.  Our school has two accounts, one for students and one for teachers (myself) to explore and learn how to use GIS.  I created an example/template for them and have shared it publicly.  However when I log in with the student account and try to view it the text information is there but the "main stage" gives me a message that says "something went wrong, the map did not load correctly."  Anybody experiment with story maps and have an idea for me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Most likely it's because the map is not shared with you.

We are working on a new functionality that will let Map Journal author knows when some of the Journal content is not shared the same way than the Journal itself. From now author have to make sure all the Journal maps are shared appropriately themselves.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Most likely it's because the map is not shared with you.

We are working on a new functionality that will let Map Journal author knows when some of the Journal content is not shared the same way than the Journal itself. From now author have to make sure all the Journal maps are shared appropriately themselves.

0 Kudos
MarkMontanye
New Contributor

Thanks Greg,  I never thought I had to share the original map in addition to the story map I created.  It now works.

0 Kudos