AGOL Web Apps and relationship class records

10-20-2014 06:53 AM
JamesLewis
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to use related records in a Web Mapping Application created in AGOL.

I have a feature class of points, related table records (one-to-many) and a relationship class configured between the two. These have been published to AGOL and added to a new web map. In the web map the related records work well - when one of the points is selected the popup provides and link to view related records and then opens a table including those related records.

My problem is that when I then publish this web map using the Basic Web Application template, the link on the popup is not available to Show Related Records. Does anyone know how to access and view the related records in a Web App?

The documentation suggests that related tables can be configured for one to many relationships, but I can't figure out how to do it? All I can do is add the summarised attributes to a popup from the related table.

Configure pop-ups—Help | ArcGIS

Cheers, James

0 Kudos
4 Replies
C_EHoward
Occasional Contributor III

Same question here and no explanation as to why you cannot use the related records.

Does not work in Web App Builder either.

Not being able to show related records is a serious limitation to web app templates.

0 Kudos
JamesLewis
New Contributor II

thanks for responding. I've since heard from our ESRI AGOL rep who has said that this is due to there being no table functionality in any of the templates - just in web maps. I agree with you that it is limiting and a bit annoying, especially as relates work in web maps just not in templates - a bit half baked. I've been asked to log this with support and I'll maybe add it to the ideas forum too.

C_EHoward
Occasional Contributor III

I held out some hope that embedding the web map would give me access to the related records via popup, but that did not work either. What is the point of showing related records if the only place you can do it is the most user (public) unfriendly way through a web map viewer page?
I ran into a fellow hockey playing GIS geek yesterday (that happens to work for Esri) and he mentioned something about 'adding related records' to AGOL. Will have to investigate further now that we are off the court

0 Kudos
LoriEmerson_McCormack
Occasional Contributor

Configuring pop-ups with related data will be available in 10.3.

See the "Map Layout" paragraph in the following link:

What's new in Portal for ArcGIS 10.3—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS for Server

0 Kudos