How to upload georeferenced file onto storymaps?

10-19-2014 06:55 PM
jaredpilbeam
New Contributor II

Hello,

I georeferenced an image to a basemap in ArcMap. There is no GPX file type offered when rectifying, and GPX is what storymaps asks for?

I'm ultimately trying to create a spyglass map with this georeferenced file. How can I import a georeferenced file into the map on storymaps?

THanks in advance,

Jared

0 Kudos
6 Replies
FlorianHruby
New Contributor

Hi Jared,

if you have ArcMap you can upload your image toAGOL as a tile package: Edit --> Share As --> Tile Package

cheers,

Flo

jaredpilbeam
New Contributor II

Flo,

I have ArcGIS 10.2.2 and the path appears to be: File-->Share as-->Map Package. Haven't tried it yet. I might have to follow up here if I have more problems.

Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
CONABIONC_for_Knowledge_and_Us
Occasional Contributor

First, you ´ll have to enable ArcGIS Runtime Tools.

ArcMap: Customize > ArcMap Options > Sharing > Enable ArcGIS Runtime Tools

best regards,

Flo

0 Kudos
jaredpilbeam
New Contributor II

Great thanks.

Would you also know how to get a better image in ArcMap? Ballou2 001.tif I have a bmp, tiff, png and jpg of this image. But, all are really grainy once uploaded. This is the image I'm trying to georeference to a basemap. The buildings in the image are not at all at a similar angle to the buildings in the basemap, so it isn't the greatest idea to do this. And aerial images are always overhead.

-Jared

0 Kudos
jaredpilbeam
New Contributor II

I understand the image has to be georeferenced to a raster to obtain coordinates for it. So, am I wasting my time trying to georeference the image to a basemap? I've tried Orbview-3 but for such a small area the resolution is too blurred.

Best,

Jared

0 Kudos
CONABIONC_for_Knowledge_and_Us
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jared,

the image you posted has an oblique point of view, so I guess it´s difficult to use it as a (vertical projected) basemap, since any attempt of rectification would distort your image significantly.

cheers,

Flo

0 Kudos