Editing vertices?

10-15-2014 12:34 PM
IanYarbrough
New Contributor II

Has anyone else had troubles editing vertices of an AGOL feature layer in ArcGIS Pro?

After much difficulty, I finally got the one feature selected, then I clicked on the vertices button on the Edit tab, and nothing happens. Should I be seeing  some dots that I can move around and delete like in desktop?

I have been able to delete and create new features, and the edits actually sync up (unlike creating a local copy in the old ArcGIS Desktop app)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SeanO_Brien
New Contributor III

I was trying to pull in my only AGOL map with editable lines to test, but Pro keeps crashing when I try to do that (super shocked). I would assume that editing a line feature from AGOL is no different than any line feature on your local drive or network. It sounds like the steps you are taking are correct. You select the layer in the "Contents" window, then in the "Edit" tab you click "Vertices". If a line isn't selected, you will be prompted in the "Modify Features" window to select a feature. Once you select a feature, the vertices pop up like in Desktop, and you can move/add/delete them.

I don't have a definitive answer, but I know I have had a few problems editing features with Pro (prerelease 1.0). I had issues with the "Trace" tool on a couple features, and I still have no idea why. I'm sure there are still bugs to be worked out.

0 Kudos