Cached map service no status or levels show but it works? How to restore the status window?

10-10-2014 12:13 PM
RonnieRichards
Occasional Contributor III

Our cached base map has been through several software releases. Thinking back it has been through all of them starting at 10.1, 10.1 SP and beyond. We are now at 10.2.2 and for some reason the cache status no longer appears and not even the levels are not even listed. Anyone know how to restore this functionality? We really do not want to rebuild the cache and know that will be the first instruction from ESRI support.

It seems the metadata is corrupt or something but it still works producting images and can be updated using Manage Cache Tiles.

We have deleted the Status.gdb and rebuilt cache status, rebooted server with no avail. Below is what we see... nothing! Any other ideas?

empty_cache_status_and_levels.PNG

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JenniferMcCall4

Hmm, deleting and rebuilding the Status.gdb would have been my first solution too.

Have you tried overwriting/re-publishing your service?

0 Kudos
RonnieRichards

Yes I tried an overwrite and moved all of the cache tiles back and ran Manage Status with no changes.

Even deleted the service, all folders in the cache repo and republished and same result. It seems to keeping some corrupted metadata somewhere. The only thing I did not do was restart the entire ArcGIS Server service before republishing but that seems to be a little extreme.

0 Kudos