Live status board?

10-10-2014 02:13 PM
RyanStovern__GISP
Occasional Contributor

I am new to this Operations Dashboard. We have used other types of dashboards for our emergency management incidents in the past. Is there any way to have a live status board. For example we have the dashboard up on a tv in the EOC and I as planning section chief want to provide an incident status update to staff in the EOC like a weather update. I am logged into the dashboard as myself but the dashboard in the EOC is logged in as the EOC user. Currently I have not figured out a way to do this. To me this may be a critical item. We could use the description widget but someone in the EOC would have to close out and reopen the dashboard when there is an update.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrandonKeinath1
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Ryan,

We don't have to do this on geonet if you'd prefer to chat in person but I've done a fair amount of work with dashboards and configuring them to automatically update.  Do you have a specific type of incident you're looking to show the status of?  We could also work through how you need to share your operation views so that all users are able to log in and see the view.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
RyanStovern__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Hey Brandon,

Just give me a call whenever you want to talk. I have created a work around but it is always nice to hear what others are doing as well. The main thing for us is being able to provide a status board with updates. I have all of the maps and other widgets refreshing when they are suppose to, but trying to us the description widget to supply updates to staff. For example I will provide hourly weather updates during any situation. I can explain it more over the phone.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
BrandonKeinath1
Occasional Contributor III

Sounds good.  I'll give you a call once I'm back next week.  I'd like to hear about your workaround.

0 Kudos