CityEngine: Set longest side facing a street as "front"

10-09-2014 01:27 AM
SimonAhlberg
New Contributor

I have a number of building footprints and street lines. When generating models for the footprints I wish that the longest side facing a street is set to be its "front" so that it is uniquely identifiable in the comp(f) {street.front : FrontFacade}  operator (in order to treat the building front separately).

There is the streetWidth attribute that is supposed to take care of this. According to the manual, streetWidth attributes are automatically computed on lots when growing streets and lots, but these footprints and streets are not procedurally generated and therefore have no such attribute.

I have tried the "alignScopeToGeometry" operation with both "longest" and "largest" keywords, but nothing seems to happen, or the orientation seems arbitrary.

1 Reply
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

No, sorry, this is not possible yet.

You could use Shapes -> Compute First/Street Edges on the footprints, and then the street.front selector will work in comp().  This would let you know which sides face streets, but it won't tell you which side is the longest one facing a street.

0 Kudos