Webmap won't save popup settings

Jump to solution
10-03-2014 06:52 AM
South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Good morning all!

I just noticed that some of our maps won't save the popup settings, specifically disabling the popup for a selected layer.

I disable the popup, save the map, reload it, and it's still enabled. Am I missing anything here? This behavior doesn't apply to all maps, only some of them.

I never noticed this before, but could it have something to do with the latest update?

Cheers!

Marc

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Mike,

thanks for your reply, but I think I got it fixed. The problem was the parcels layer, and after republishing it, the popup stayed disabled.

Marc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share your map publicly so we can take a look at it?

thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Mike,

thanks for your reply, but I think I got it fixed. The problem was the parcels layer, and after republishing it, the popup stayed disabled.

Marc

0 Kudos
TiffaneeLang
New Contributor

I'm actually in need of further review for this bug. I'm having a similar problem. My popup settings save for some webmap but glitch up for others. The difference from the original post is that my shapes are being generated by a hosted csv. So republishing a service is not an option. The heat map and the points are the same--they're both loaded for visual purposes.

http://tinyurl.com/lphumut is the webmap having the issues.

Things I've tried:

Taking the code from maps that did work and replacing the webmap ID

Deleting the .csv file and uploading it again

Creating a new webmap altogether and loading the same csv

Downloading the origin .csv, securing format, renaming it and uploading by a different name

Switching which layer was the popup (Point vs heatmap)

Changing the sharing status

Loading up the webmap in ArcGIS JavaScript Sandbox (No Legend shows up despite features being checked)

None of these troubleshooting options have worked/stuck. Some actually present a whole other issue.

If anyone has figured a solution, it would be awesome. At the current moment, I've just formatted both popups to be identical. Redundant but running.

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Are you trying to turn off a popup on one of the layers? But that setting is not being kept?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
TiffaneeLang
New Contributor

That's exactly it.

It should be like this map: http://tinyurl.com/ovc8ats

The points are activated but not the heat map points.

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

What I see is that I end up with an empty popup on the layer, even after removing the popup.

This appears to be a problem specific to CSVs added directly to the web map via a URL. In your example that works, it appears you added the CSV directly to the map, not via a URL.

I can't think of any workaround here, if you want to maintain the dynamic nature of the CSV file.

I'll write this up as an issue and we'll get it addressed in our next release.

Thanks,

Mike

TiffaneeLang
New Contributor

Thanks, Mike for your time in this matter! If I happenstance across a solution, I'll be sure to report back.

0 Kudos