PostgreSQL client files

Jump to solution
10-02-2014 03:17 PM
BahramJ
New Contributor II

Hello dears, how can i download the PostgreSQL client files for ArcGIS desktop 10.2 for connect arcgis desktop to postgreSQL 9.2?
Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bahram,

probably the easiest way to get all the client libraries required is to download them from the my.esri.com portal. However, they can also be downloaded directly from PostgreSQL. The only issue of downloading them directly from PostgreSQL is that the libiconv-2.dll (for Win32) is not included in the PG binaries, this instead comes from the PostGIS install. If you would like to download the client libraries from the my.esri.com you can use the following steps to download the libraries.

1. Log into my.esri.com
  2. Click the My Organizations tab
  3. Click Products from the Organization ribbon
  4. Click Downloads from the Products list

OrgHomePage.png

5. Click View Downloads next to your current version of ArcGIS for Desktop

6. Expand the Additional Products tab to download the correct version of the PostgreSQL client

AddProdList.png

View solution in original post

15 Replies
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bahram,

probably the easiest way to get all the client libraries required is to download them from the my.esri.com portal. However, they can also be downloaded directly from PostgreSQL. The only issue of downloading them directly from PostgreSQL is that the libiconv-2.dll (for Win32) is not included in the PG binaries, this instead comes from the PostGIS install. If you would like to download the client libraries from the my.esri.com you can use the following steps to download the libraries.

1. Log into my.esri.com
  2. Click the My Organizations tab
  3. Click Products from the Organization ribbon
  4. Click Downloads from the Products list

OrgHomePage.png

5. Click View Downloads next to your current version of ArcGIS for Desktop

6. Expand the Additional Products tab to download the correct version of the PostgreSQL client

AddProdList.png

EricTheise
New Contributor

Hi Christian Wells,

Thanks for the clear answer. Unfortunately, I am doing an evaluation and have no My Organization, so I'm blocked at the second step. Also, I'm concerned by the list above, as I'm running PostgreSQL 9.3 and don't see any libraries in the screenshot list. There's already a PostgreSQL 9.4 Beta 2 release, but 9.3 isn't supported?

Any insights greatly appreciated, thanks, bumpy ride coming from the open source world.

Eric

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

PostgreSQL 9.3 or later is not supported with ArcGIS 10.2.x.

PostgreSQL database requirements for ArcGIS 10.2.x

Also please do note the below mentioned in George's post:

However, they can also be downloaded directly from PostgreSQL. The only issue of downloading them directly from PostgreSQL is that the libiconv-2.dll (for Win32) is not included in the PG binaries, this instead comes from the PostGIS install.

BahramJ
New Contributor II

Hi Christian‌, many thanks for your help. I did it but i haven't these option in my esri page.Untitled.png

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Yes, it seems that you don't have the required permissions to download setups. You can click on the "Request Permissions" option to request the required permissions. The administrator for your organization will receive that request and act accordingly.

Or you can just ask somebody who already has the permissions to download setups, to download it and provide you with the required files.

BahramJ
New Contributor II

Hi Asrujit, many thanks. I haven't this(The administrator for your organization), can you download these options on this image and then send to me? AddProdList.png

0 Kudos
EricTheise
New Contributor

Bahram Jomehzadeh‌, I'd suggest you download the PostgreSQL installer from EnterpriseDB. Although the direct link  to 9.2.2 is not shown on their downloads page‌, it's fairly obvious how to tweak the url to get to this older version. I installed it, then ran StackBuilder to install PostGIS 2.0.

Once you've installed it, you want to select, copy, and paste the following files from `C:\Program

Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\bin` to `C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.2\bin`: libeay32.dll, libintl.dll, libpq.dll,

ssleay32.dll, and libiconv-2.dll

Works for me™.

BahramJ
New Contributor II

Thanks Eric

0 Kudos
Luxiaoman
New Contributor

I have encountered the same question,can you help me and send the postgreSQL9.2.2 to me?

0 Kudos