Can you add CAD (.dwg) files to ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
10-02-2014 12:44 PM
FayeWyatt
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am checking out the ArcGIS Pro Beta, and I'm looking for a way to add CAD files.   I can't see the option  to add CAD files when I add data using the add data button, and dragging and dropping won't work either. Does ArcGIS Pro support CAD files or will I have to use Desktop to save them as shapefiles before using them in ArcGIS Pro.

Many thanks

Faye

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AletaVienneau
Esri Contributor

Yes, you can add individual feature classes in a DWG dataset to a map. You can't add the entire dataset to the map at once at this time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AletaVienneau
Esri Contributor

Yes, you can add individual feature classes in a DWG dataset to a map. You can't add the entire dataset to the map at once at this time.

0 Kudos
YigalMuntner
New Contributor III

I'm trying to add CAD annotations of a CAD file with no success. I can load points and polylines from the CAD file, but not annotations. Also I don't see a way to filter CAD layers. Definition query is not an option. I have hundreds of layers in the CAD file.

AletaVienneau
Esri Contributor

In PreRelease you won't be able to add CAD annotation to the map. In the PreRelease Update, CAD annotation will be handled as a point feature class that can be labeled like any other point feature in the map.