Need help disabling swipable slides on mobile shortlist story map

09-30-2014 08:19 AM
AdministratorOsborne
New Contributor

Hello,

We have a shortlist story map that when viewed on mobile devices, displays a series of swipable slides for each point.  I'd like to disable this functionality and have the mobile version appear the same as the non-mobile version.  As an example, I've found that this map: Oregon Wine Story displays the same way on my iphone as it does on my desktop computer. I'd like to do the same thing with my map.

I've a java scripting novice(actually, that's being generous) so any advice about code to change and where to find that code would be greatly appreciated.  I'm assuming it's as simple as disabling something?  Would I find it in the main.js file?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

It is easy as commenting out the responsive.css file in the index.html (line 33) and adding the following css rule in the index.html

<style>

#mobileBookmarksCon{

display: none !important;

}

</style>

-Mark

0 Kudos
AdministratorOsborne
New Contributor

Thanks, Mark.  When I try to comment out the responsive.css, I get /* */ at the top left corner of my map.  Am I doing this correctly?

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://js.arcgis.com/3.8/js/esri/css/esri.css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://js.arcgis.com/3.8/js/dojo/dijit/themes/claro/claro.css">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="colorbox/colorbox.css">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="lib/idangerous.swiper.css">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/style.css">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/custom.css">

/*<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/responsive.css">*/

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Comment it out like this.

<!--<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/responsive.css">-->

0 Kudos
AdministratorOsborne
New Contributor

Thanks, Ken, that solved my /* */ issue.

Where do I paste the css rule into the index.html?  I have it after line 135, just under

<div id="mobileBookmarksCon">

but that results in the mobile site being all scrambled.

0 Kudos
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Try putting it after the line you commented out for the responsive.css

0 Kudos