Embedded ArcGIS Online map gets stuck to cursor and will not stay static unless you exit page and come back. Anyone have any fixes for this, or experienced someting similar?

09-30-2014 10:20 AM
MDTMontana
New Contributor III

Embedded map will get stuck to cursor and you cannot get it to release unless you close the map. Anyone know a fix for this?

http://www.mdt.mt.gov/publications/datastats/traffic_maps.shtml

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Brian,

I am not able to reproduce the issue. I was using firefox, what are you using?

Tim

0 Kudos
MDTMontana
New Contributor III

It happens when you are panning in the map and it goes off the map onto the rest of the page and they you come back.

It seems to be an issue in IE8, IE10 and IE11. I also could not reproduce this in Firefox. One check done

0 Kudos
KathyWolfe
New Contributor

Brian,

I viewed your site in chrome and couldn't reproduce the issue either (great site by the way).  However, I have run into this issue form from to time when viewing online maps and it's not limited to ArcGIS online..  It's extremely frustrating for the user.   It's a real issue.  What causes it? I haven't a clue.

When I opened your map in explorer I was able to recreate the problem.  Could it be a web browser issue?

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

I am able to reproduce the problem in IE 11.  Slip off the edge of the map and the cursor becomes stuck to the map when you hover back over it.  I have flipped Compatibility View on/off and get the same results.  The problem does not occur when I use a Chrome browser.

0 Kudos