Can't get ESRI generic hosted instance of Shortlist to display my webmap

09-25-2014 12:26 PM
AngieBraun
New Contributor II

Trying to test my Shortlist Story Map with the ESRI provided generic hosted instance of Shortlist. Web map created and shared. Using the URL provided, replacing sample Webmap_ID with mine. New tab appears with name of my map, but the "loader" keeps spinning and my map does not appear. Is there something wrong with my Web Map?  The URL is http://storymaps.esri.com/templates/shortlist/?webmap=56781a91b59343d7bc87705ea4c1f081

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Angie

The problem is that your web map is using a feature service for the layer that defines the tab: that currently isn't supported by the Shortlist. It supports CSV and shapefile layers for the point layers that define the tabs, but not feature services.

0 Kudos
AngieBraun
New Contributor II

Thank you so much for your reply.

I created my point shapefile using Desktop, zipped it up, and uploaded it to Online. During the upload it appears to create a feature Service

When I created a new map I selected Search For Layers from the Add drop down, selecting the layer from my list of layers.

How do I specify that I want the Shapefile added to the map rather than the feature service?

Angie

0 Kudos
AngieBraun
New Contributor II

It works!!!!

Rupert, you’re the best.

The “Add Layers from File” was what I wanted.

The Shortlist story map application template directions do say “feature services are not currently supported”, but I didn’t know that that’s what I was adding to my web map.

Thanks again.

Angie

0 Kudos