Uploaded Tile Package not appearing in My Content

Jump to solution
09-24-2014 05:27 AM
RobertThomson
Occasional Contributor II

I created a tile package locally and uploaded it to ArcGIS online using the share geoprocessing tool.  I received no error messages.  However when I go look in My Contents it is not visible anywhere.

The package was very large at about 70GB and contained a Level of Detail down to 1:120 as the default basemap resolution is not close enough for our field guys to see infrastrure in a small area.

Strangely enough when I look at the geoprocessing results I see "Tool Succeeded: False" but no error messages.  See attached.Tile Package.JPG

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertThomson

Finally got it figured out, actually ESRI Tech did.  When running the Share Package geoprocessing tool there are two environmental settings under "workspace". 

Current Workspace:  C:\Users\thomsonr\Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb

Scratch Workspace: C:\Users\thomsonr\Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb

Mine were pointed at my solid state drive C: which only had about 8GB free.  Obviously that was not enough.  Pointing to a separate hard drive with Terabytes of space solved the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Robert,

This is currently a bug, NIM101649.  I would recommend following up with Tech Support to see if they know of any workarounds.

0 Kudos
ChuckKha
New Contributor III

Hey Robert,

I've encountered the same issue when I tried to upload a 3GB Raster Dataset to AGOL. The way that I resolved this was to use the Share As -> Tile Package option in ArcMap. You will be able to import in the XML tiling scheme that you created when using this option under the tiling scheme section.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Robert,

It may be worth giving it another shot.  I'm working with a customer that was running into this same issue.  He sent me his TPK files.  One was 96 GBs, and another was 110 GBs.  The updates applied to ArcGIS.com this past Tuesday may have fixed the issue.  I was able to successfully upload both of these to ArcGIS.com using the Share Package tool.

0 Kudos
RobertThomson

Unfortunately I got the same result.  I have a ticket in with ESRI Canada, tried to upload my data to them via FTP but lost connection during the upload.  I'm waiting to see what they have to say.

0 Kudos
RobertThomson

Finally got it figured out, actually ESRI Tech did.  When running the Share Package geoprocessing tool there are two environmental settings under "workspace". 

Current Workspace:  C:\Users\thomsonr\Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb

Scratch Workspace: C:\Users\thomsonr\Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb

Mine were pointed at my solid state drive C: which only had about 8GB free.  Obviously that was not enough.  Pointing to a separate hard drive with Terabytes of space solved the problem.