Embed Group Map gallery into a website

Jump to solution
09-24-2014 11:36 AM
JacobDeuel
New Contributor II

We are currently working on embedding a group of maps into our Town website.  The order of the maps currently comes in by date and I want to know if there is a way to order the maps alphabetically. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

The group embed supports a different set of url parameters than the web map embed that Xander Bakker​ listed above. For the group you can specify a sort field and order by using the sortfield and sortorder url params. So if I wanted to sort alphabetically I'd set the sortfield to title and the sort order to asc.

You'll need to edit the iframe code that is generated by the share dialog in ArcGIS Online to do this.  You'll want to find the src attribute and append the necessary url params for example:

embedGallery.html?sortfield=title&sortorder=asc;displayapps=true&displayinline=true&group=cdbba62078ea4da3995cf89bde03cf3a

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JacobDeuel
New Contributor II

Note:  We are using ArcGIS Online and trying to embed a group of maps into a web page.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You may want to read this blog: New Options for Embedding Maps | ArcGIS Blog

KellyHutchins

The group embed supports a different set of url parameters than the web map embed that Xander Bakker​ listed above. For the group you can specify a sort field and order by using the sortfield and sortorder url params. So if I wanted to sort alphabetically I'd set the sortfield to title and the sort order to asc.

You'll need to edit the iframe code that is generated by the share dialog in ArcGIS Online to do this.  You'll want to find the src attribute and append the necessary url params for example:

embedGallery.html?sortfield=title&sortorder=asc;displayapps=true&displayinline=true&group=cdbba62078ea4da3995cf89bde03cf3a

ThomasWesthoff
New Contributor III

Is there a full list of necessary URL params for the Group embed?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

There aren't many url params. The url I posted above shows them all. 

EricAnderson17
Occasional Contributor

To add on to Kelly's post, I am including alternative sort parameters which can be used to sort on additional fields.

sortfield=numviews&sortorder=asc  (sort lowest # of views > highest # of views)
sortfield=numviews&sortorder=desc (sort highest # of views > lowest # of views)

sortfield=modified&sortorder=asc  (sort newest > oldest)
sortfield=modified&sortorder=desc (sort oldest > newest)

sortfield=owner&sortorder=asc  (sort owner name A > Z)
sortfield=owner&sortorder=desc (sort owner name Z > A)

sortfield=avgrating&sortorder=asc  (sort low rating > high rating)
sortfield=avgrating&sortorder=desc (sort high rating > low rating)

Cheers,

Eric

Esri Tech Support

NathanBruce1
Occasional Contributor

To update this thread, can a url parameter now be used to sort by "Category"?, which is a new addition for groups or content.

0 Kudos