License Manager 10.2 Online Help – Using the options file does not include all the steps that the License Manager 10 Online Help does. License Manager 10.2 Online Help is missing the steps regarding the modification of the service.txt file to include the location of the ARCGIS.opt file. License Manger 10 Online Help does not show the 64-bit version of the default location for the ARCGIS.opt file. Links to both online help pages are listed, below.
License Manager 10 online help:
License Manager 10.2 online help:
The complete instructions should read as such:
To create and use an options file
1. Open Notepad or another text editor.
2. Create your options based on the control you require. See the individual topics for the syntax for the various options supported.
3. Save the file as ARCGIS.opt in the ArcGIS License Manager installation location. The default location is C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\License10.2\bin (32-bit machine) or C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\License10.2\bin (64-bit machine).
4. Open the service.txt file from the installation location in a text editor.
5. Add the path to the ARCGIS.opt file in the VENDOR line after ARCGIS.
For example: VENDOR ARCGIS options="C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\License10.2\bin\ARCGIS.opt"
6. Launch ArcGIS License Server Administrator from Start > Programs > ArcGIS > License Manager > License Server Administrator.
7. Click Start/Stop License Service in the table of contents and click the Re-Read Licenses button to pick up the options file. To check whether the options have been applied, click Diagnostics and click View to view the debug log.