I am creating XY Table from GPS csv and convert into British Coordinate System as Master map. I am doing this type of job since last ten years, unfortunately, today the gps point display some where rather than within the map. DWG format Master Map and GPS

Jump to solution
09-23-2014 11:17 AM
BheshThapa
New Contributor

I am creating point data from GPS csv format  and convert into British Coordinate System as Master map using ArcGIS version 10.5  The gps point been display some where rather than within the map. DWG format Master Map and GPS coordinate  is same but does not fall in the map. Do you know what is the reason?

Regarding the Page: http://learn.arcgis.com/en/support/

Email Address: bheshthapa@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Then one of them, and almost certainly the GPS/csv data has the wrong coordinate system associated with it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Then I think something is different in the csv file you have. Is it in DMS (degrees minutes seconds) when you're expecting some form of degree-minutes or decimal degrees? Does the longitude value have a negative sign, if it's supposed to? Etc. Can you post a few sample points from the current data and some from a file that works fine?

Melita

0 Kudos
BheshThapa
New Contributor

Linear Unit is in Meter

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

So the csv data is already in British National Grid? Are you sure the latest set is? If data doesn't show up where it's supposed to, it's usually because the coordinate system doesn't match the actual coordinate values. Again, can you post a sample point? If not for privacy reasons, can you send it to me directly? I promise to not use it for any purpose except to check its coordinate system. mkennedy at esri dot com

0 Kudos
BheshThapa
New Contributor

Hi Melita

This is privacy data, sorry for that.Only problem is dwg master map not overlay on the GPS point data. so it seems that is some extension file may be missing but I don't know which extension file is missing.

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Bhesh,

How far apart is the GPS data versus the DWG? A meter, a hundred meters, more?

Melita

0 Kudos
BheshThapa
New Contributor

Master map and GPS point data displaying position is correct if I draw the data into the screen one by one separately.I expected data overlay to each other but away each other. If I click on zoom to layer either GPS or Master map from content then one data disappeared.

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Then one of them, and almost certainly the GPS/csv data has the wrong coordinate system associated with it.

0 Kudos
MarcelEbelle1
New Contributor

Hello Bhesh,

Hope that you resolve your problem, althought you might review the data collection process.

Some elements can allow this:

- you try to project projects coordinates

- Data in the csv file gets wrong coordinates

- A place of comma, ' or ""

-You were tired...

Just have a look of your process

0 Kudos