I’ve actually discovered a scenario where labels do work in Collector (though I’m not sure why):
- Turn labelling on for a simple line file geodatabase feature class in ArcMap 10.2.1
- Publish the feature class as a service through ArcMap to AGOL
- Add the published / hosted features to a web map in AGOL – the layer in the web map doesn’t have labels enabled
- Download the web map and data in Collector for offline usage
- Capture a new line feature offline and the label will appear
So Collector can do some sort-of labelling, any idea when this will be extended?