arcpy.Polygon JSON property crashing ArcCatalog

Jump to solution
09-16-2014 02:18 PM
DanNarsavage
Occasional Contributor

Below is a snippet from a python class I created that accepts some esriJSON to create & manipulate some arcpy geometries and returns them as esriJSON.  The last line is crashing ArcCatalog 10.1 (with the "Please tell ESRI about this problem" dialog).  The "pou" is a fully-functioning arcpy.Polygon object (other than the JSON bit)--I can see its WKT, length, and area; and do other polygonal things with it like buffering & such.  Does anyone out there have any experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks!

Dan

pou = tracedLine.buffer(bufferMeters)

fPoint = tracedLine.firstPoint

lPoint = tracedLine.lastPoint

bPod = arcpy.PointGeometry(fPoint,self.sr)

ePod= arcpy.PointGeometry(lPoint,self.sr)

self.OutputPodB = bPod.JSON

self.OutputPodE = ePod.JSON

self.OutputPou = pou.JSON      ## This crashes Arc (even though all other arcpy.Geometry methods work fine on the pou object).

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanNarsavage
Occasional Contributor

Well this is crude but it works.  Thinking there might be something slightly corrupt about the pou polygon, I decided to try adding this code in place of the last line:

newPou = arcpy.Polygon(pou.getPart(0))

self.OutputPou = newPou.JSON    

And that worked.  I'm confident that the polygons I make will have but one part, but if you need to dump it into a for loop to get all parts you can do that too . . .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanNarsavage
Occasional Contributor

Well this is crude but it works.  Thinking there might be something slightly corrupt about the pou polygon, I decided to try adding this code in place of the last line:

newPou = arcpy.Polygon(pou.getPart(0))

self.OutputPou = newPou.JSON    

And that worked.  I'm confident that the polygons I make will have but one part, but if you need to dump it into a for loop to get all parts you can do that too . . .

0 Kudos