S3 Tiled Layer - A few questions

09-11-2014 04:10 PM
PremRadhakrishnan
New Contributor III

I have been doing some research on hosting cache tiles on S3 and wanted to throw some questions out to the geonet to see what I could dig up.

Below are my questions

1. Is there a tried and tested JavaScript API Custom class that can be used with the map services details file and the tiles hosted on s3 ?

2. Can the WebTiledLayer class can be used for this purpose for spatial references other than Web Mercator ?

3. Has there been any progress along the lines of using compact cache in the cloud or is this still limited to exploded cache ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PremRadhakrishnan
New Contributor III

Wow, I did not realize that this would lead to no answers at all !! Any comments from anyone ?

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

1. No need for a custom class I think (see "2").

2. Yes. WebTiledLayer can be used for any spatial reference. You just need to specify the TileInfo.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-Jie3eyjOl9XM
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I'm using non-default projections in a WebTiledLayer. Works great in Silverlight, JavaScript, and Print as long as you add some extra parameters, like the tiling scheme.

But, moving to webapp builder and AGO, I can't figure out how to add this setup to a webmap. The AGO user interface doesn't have a place to enter the tiling scheme. And, the webmap specification doesn't document this support.

Bjorn Svensson

Do you know of any way to embed this webtile layer with a custom projection into an AGO webmap?

0 Kudos