AnsweredAssumed Answered

Height units the rule files from Esri "LumentRT 3D Plants" and "Street Construction"

Question asked by dalert on Sep 10, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 12, 2014 by dalert

Hello, I am importing LiDAR data from our Land Survey Office in ArcGis to create a DSM and a DTM, then i interpolate then so I can get tree heights, has It worked fairly well so far, one problem is that it seems hard to create Points representing trees in ArcMap on the exact Place on the map where the treetop is. The values that I get I then imported into CityEngine and applied the rule file "Vegetation Library with LumentRT 3D Plants" to create  trees.

I am wondering what height units the rule file from "Esri Vegetation Library with LumentRT 3D Plants" uses? I think read somewhere that they as use meters, so is one 1 height unit value = 1 meter?

My next question is about the rule file "Street Construction" from the  "Example_Redlands_Redevelopment__2013_1", you have the option to add parked cars (and people, both have the same problem) to the side of the streets. When I compare the 3D car model next to a '2D' car in my ortographic photo the

3D car is about 1/2 - 1/3 the size of the one in the Ortographic photo.

I use a ortographic photo from our Land Survey Office as a terrain texture, and it should be properly scaled to the terrain. Is the 3D car perhaps modeled in foot, but that would be strange as the roads seem to be done in meters.

Outcomes