How to connect more than one user (in the same computer) to the same Geodatabase with

09-05-2011 01:49 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
How to connect more than one user (in the same computer) to the same Geodatabase with no problems?

I�??ve one computer (name: Jamal9722060-PC) in which 3 users are created (Jamal9722060, editor1 and manager1)

In wanted to do concurrent editing from these 3 users, but all the time I got a wide variety of problems, i.e. while I�??m editing in one of the users, the other user can�??t do the editing!!!!

problems:
1. �??maximum number of connections to instance exceeded�?�
2. �??could not edit the data in the folder or �?��?�

How to avoid these two problems? And why they occur?

how professionally to connect 3 users (created in the same computer) to the same geodatabase and editing the data (at the same time) without problems?

Regards

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Law

Hi Jamal,

As I stated in your other similar thread:

Still I have The message �??maximum number of connections to instance exceeded"

It looks like you have Personal ArcSDE technology (aka. ArcSDE for SQL Server Express) and it only supports 3 concurrent users, one of which can be an editor. If you would like to enable concurrent editing with 3 or more users, you will have to upgrade to Workgroup ArcSDE technology (aka. ArcSDE for SQL Server Express).

Multiuser Geodatabase

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Hi Jamal,

As I stated in your other similar thread:

Still I have The message �??maximum number of connections to instance exceeded"

It looks like you have Personal ArcSDE technology (aka. ArcSDE for SQL Server Express) and it only supports 3 concurrent users, one of which can be an editor. If you would like to enable concurrent editing with 3 or more users, you will have to upgrade to Workgroup ArcSDE technology (aka. ArcSDE for SQL Server Express).

Multiuser Geodatabase

Hope this helps,

Thank you for the answer Law.

then what is the correct commercial name for the ArcGIS software needed to have 10 concurrent editors?

regards

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Law

Hi Jamal,

... then what is the correct commercial name for the ArcGIS software needed to have 10 concurrent editors?

ArcGIS for Server Workgroup.

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos