AnsweredAssumed Answered

.  Points for records with no coordinates are still created and display far away from

Question asked by dllamasgmtgis-esridist Employee on Jun 14, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 14, 2012 by dllamasgmtgis-esridist
Hi,

I have a view stored in SQL Server 2008 with 1514 records that contains WGS coordinates.  After creating an OLE DB connection using ArcCatalog and adding the view to ArcMap, I created an event layer.  The view does not have an ObjectID, so the following warning appears�?�
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15218[/ATTACH]
When I open the attribute table for the newly created event layer, I still see 1514 records, although only 625 records have coordinates.  Exporting the event layer to create a new feature class shows the same behaviour.  Points for records with no coordinates are still created and display far away from the desired area.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15219[/ATTACH]
Is this a normal or expected behavior?  I expected to see a feature class with only those records from the OLE DB table/view that has coordinates.   I did the same procedure for a table with OBJECTID, and the obvious benefit was the ability to use selection tools with the event layer, but again I did see all records (1514) in the attribute table.

Hope any one can help me and confirm if this is a expected behavior

Regards,

Diego Llamas

Attachments

Outcomes