Which assemblies are available in which products?

03-10-2010 08:50 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rlwatson

The ArcObjects SDK 9.4 online help under ArcObjects namespaces reads as follows:

"Some ArcObjects namespaces that are available to ArcObjects developers are shared with ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Engine Runtime, and ArcGIS Server; other libraries, composed mostly of user interface (UI) components, are only available in ArcGIS Desktop."

"The shared assemblies are available to ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Engine, and ArcGIS Server developers."

Is this correct?  The reason I ask is that I installed just the ArcGIS Server SOC component on a machine and generated a list of assemblies present in GAC_32.  I then did the same on another machine but installed the ArcGIS Engine Runtime instead.  When I compare the lists there are many differences.

For example, ESRI.ArcGIS.Controls is only present in Engine.  I was thinking of using it in a server context by simply using the IHookHelper interface so that I can share this concept between desktop, engine, and server.  The challenge that I face is trying to develop a core application library which works in desktop, engine, and server.

Is the help simply wrong or am I just confused (very possible)?
0 Kudos
0 Replies