How to Coordinate positioning

05-25-2014 07:03 AM
xiaoyunnsongb
New Contributor III
Hello superior�?
     I am a newer to arcgis,now I  have a question, open you can help me.
There is a button  on map, when I onclick the button ,Pop  a dialog, title is  Coordinate Location, on the left  is  two Radio Buttons�?default is top one�? and the right is two input texts�?when click the first radio buttons�?the right is two input texts �?you can input
longitude and latitude like 110.1234  in it [ATTACH=CONFIG]34069[/ATTACH]; when click the second radio button  the right  is  longitude  is three input text [ATTACH=CONFIG]34070[/ATTACH](or  the component like it ) (Minute and second degree) .when click ok, go to check longitude is -180---180,latitude is -90----90,when check  ok  ,go to location on the map, holp you can help ,thanks very much
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarlaKostuk
New Contributor III
Hi Xiaoyunn,

I am having a little bit of hard time understanding the issue that you are encountering but I would like to help. Could you elaborate more on the issue? Are you working with a JavaScript sample?

-Marla K.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: pepatosp

Hi Xiaoyunn,

If I got it right, you need to center (maybe center and zoom) the map on the coordinates inputed by your applications' users. Am I right?

If so, all you need to do is to create a Point instance and use the centerAt (or centerAndZoom if you want to also zoom on it) method of the map instance.

You can learn about how to create a map instance on this link: http://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/jssamples/map_simple.html.

Best,

Roberto Pepato
0 Kudos
xiaoyunnsongb
New Contributor III
Thanks  to  every superiors�?I  have done  it. Wish happy to you and your family 😄
0 Kudos