ArcMobile for Windows Basemap Offset on Device but not on Desktop

05-07-2014 03:11 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: oscfig

I have what seams like a projection problem in Mobile Project Center.  I create a project where I have Operational Layers and Basemap Layers from ArcGIS Online.  My Operation Layers are from an Enterprise ArcGIS online Account and another from a local cache. All of my Operational Layers are in WGS 84 web which is what I thought the base maps where in.  I am getting an offset but only on the tablet.  Has anyone figured this out.  The tablet is a Panasonic FZ-G1.    Tanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336[ATTACH=CONFIG]33660[/ATTACH]59[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
10 Replies
RebeccaGeauvreau
New Contributor II
Hi Oscar,

I'm having the same problem; however, I'm not using basemap from ArcGIS online but my own tiled cache.  I've tried WGS84 Web Merc and NAD 83 and get the same issue.   It's not projected correctly in Mobile Project Centre but oddly enough, the basemap appears to work on the field device (YUMA).  I'm sorry I don't have a solution.

Cheers
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jdringman

This is my issue as well with the FZ-G1. The exact same project works on my laptop and a Motion Tablet. The aerials and the data appear to float on the FZ-G1. Any one have a fix or an idea of what could be wrong?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
Occasional Contributor III
What version of Win Mobile is this?  There was a bug logged for 10.1.1- (NIM089287-Data collected in ArcGIS for Windows Mobile v10.1.1 produces a datum shift of between 4-5 feet.)

NIM089287 is fixed in ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Server 10.2.1 update which includes solution to datum transformation method selection between WGS84 and map spatial reference. Users can specify the transformation method between WGS84 and map spatial reference for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile application to use. It it is not specified by the user, the application will be based on map spatial reference appliable are and choose suitable datum transformation method.
0 Kudos
mydliar
Esri Contributor

Hi Christopher,

Can you please explain how - using the NIM089287 fix - can user specify the transformation method? Is it defined in the ArcGIS Server mobile service or in the Mobile Project Centre?

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jdringman

It is Arc Mobile 10.1.1 but it isn't just a simple datum shift. As you zoom in and out on the map, the aerial actual moves. It isn't just 4-5 feet either. It floats around by quite a bit. The same project works on two different devices but when moved to the FZ-G1 it has this problem. I'll try and post screenshots later today.
0 Kudos
NickHetrick
Occasional Contributor II
This is actually a windows display setting I bet your device has its setting at 125% if you change it to 100% this will resolve the issue. There was a post about this a few months ago when I had the same issue. If you go to control panel>display and change the setting to 100% this should resolve the issue.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: oscar.figueroa

This is actually a windows display setting I bet your device has its setting at 125% if you change it to 100% this will resolve the issue. There was a post about this a few months ago when I had the same issue. If you go to control panel>display and change the setting to 100% this should resolve the issue.

Hi Hetrickn

Can you point us in the direction of where to find the 100% setting.  Thanks.

Oscar
0 Kudos
OscarFigueroa1
New Contributor
What version of Win Mobile is this?  There was a bug logged for 10.1.1- (NIM089287-Data collected in ArcGIS for Windows Mobile v10.1.1 produces a datum shift of between 4-5 feet.)

NIM089287 is fixed in ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Server 10.2.1 update which includes solution to datum transformation method selection between WGS84 and map spatial reference. Users can specify the transformation method between WGS84 and map spatial reference for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile application to use. It it is not specified by the user, the application will be based on map spatial reference appliable are and choose suitable datum transformation method.

Hi

Im using 10.2.0.0 and the display is off by a few hundred feet.  It also changes its offset so I don�??t think its a projection problem.  I have made a point using the device and it is dead on as to the location.  Also the features I add from ArcGIS online and from the local cache are in their correct location.  It�??s just the base map that is off.  I have also tried this on two tablets that are the exact same model with the exact same load of ArcMobile and get the offset on both.  Thanks for your help

Oscar
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: oscar.figueroa

Hello Everyone

hetrickn is correct.  It has to do with the scaling the the tablet has on its icons.  the setting is in the "Make Text And Other Items Larger Or Smaller".  Im using a windows 8 tablet so follow steps below.  Thanks for everyone's help.

1. Setting
2. Control Panel
3. Appearance and Personalization
4. Display
5. Make text and other items larger or smaller
6. Change size of all items to 100%

All your icons and text will be smaller but it works.

I think this is a user setting so Ill save settings under my admin account and see if other users account are also changed or if you have to set each users account.

Oscar
0 Kudos