Can't Start ArcGIS for Server Service

04-28-2014 12:18 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: hanidraidi

When I start the ArcGIS for Server service it doesn�??t start, and an error that says �??service didn�??t started, due to log on failure�?� appears.
Screenshots:
1-Starting the service.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33403[/ATTACH]
2-The error appears.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33404[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: nidhinkn

Did you change the ArcGIS Server account password. If so, update the logon information for the ArcGIS Server service.

Right-click on ArcGIS Server service - Properties - Switch to the Log On tab - Enter the password for the listed account in both the 'Password' and 'Confirm password' boxes. It may be necessary to check if the password was recently changed. Click OK.

Also make sure that, the account has sufficient permission.
0 Kudos
HaniDraidi
Occasional Contributor II
Nidhinkn,

I didn't change the account's password. The service stopped suddenly.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: crafty762

Go to the 'arcgis' local account properties under Users in Server Manager and verify the account isn't locked/disabled.
0 Kudos
HaniDraidi
The account is not locked!!
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

How many machines participate in your ArcGIS for Server site?  If there are multiple machines joined to a single site, please verify that you have used the same account name and password to run the ArcGIS for Server service on all machines.  If it's a single machine site, then try adding the arcgis local account to the "Log on as a service" policy.  From the Start menu, search for and open Local Security Policy.  Expand "Local Policies" and click on user rights assignment.  Double click the Log on as a service policy and add your arcgis account to the group.  You'll need to click on Locations when inputting the username in order to search the local machine rather than the domain.  After clicking the Check Names button, you should see something like this: HOSTNAME\arcgis
0 Kudos
HaniDraidi
Crafty,

Thank you very much, I worked with local Security policy and it worked well.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad to hear it worked!
0 Kudos