ArcGIS for Server 10.2.1 cache scale greyed out in Service Editor

03-25-2014 12:49 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: dan_h_b

Hi,
I am using ArcInfo desktop 10.2.1, with an admin connection to ArcGIS for Server Standard 10.2.1

I have used the "Create Map Server Cache" tool in ArcToolbox to prepare all the underlying structure for the cache of an existing un-cached basemap service.

I've used a predefined tiling scheme, which tells it to generate cache tiles at 3 scales - 1:8000, 1:5000, 1:2000.

I've set the tile cache format the "PNG" and the Storage format to "Compact".

This tool runs without any problems.

The problem comes when I come to actually generate the cache using the "Manage Map Server Cache Tiles" tool from the toolbox.

Only 2 of my 3 scales are visible in the "Scales" box.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32465[/ATTACH]

In Catalog, if I right click on my service > Service Properties > Caching, the slider shows the full extent of the 3 scales I want to cache at.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32466[/ATTACH]

If I click on the Advanced Settings, I can see the 3 scales, however one of them is greyed out. This is the one that's missing from the "Managae Map Server Cache Tiles" tool.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32467[/ATTACH]

Is this a bug in the software? Or is there something I have missed? I've also tried it with ArcInfo 10.1 and I get the same problem.

Is there a limit to the number of tiles a single cache scale can hold? Or a size limit?

If this is a bug, is there a workaround?

Many thanks
Dan
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanielHall_Ballester
New Contributor III
I've noticed that in the cache directory for this service there are only 2 folders, not the 3 I would expect to see.
0 Kudos