AnsweredAssumed Answered

Group listener for Database is not connecting

Question asked by geonetadmin on Feb 25, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 25, 2014 by mboeringa2010
Original User: saurabhp5

Hi,

I am facing this very critical issue.
Issue Description:

I have 2 database server PRD1 & PRD2  with group listener for them as PRD.  ( GSMIDBPRD  instead of GSMIDBPRD1 and GSMIDBPRD2 in place of server name)

I am able to connect to the database(TESTDB) using this listener with SQL Server management studio.  (Image 1)[ATTACH=CONFIG]31739[/ATTACH]

I am also able to create database connection in ArcCatalog for this group Listener PRD.   (Image 2) [ATTACH=CONFIG]31740[/ATTACH]

But when i am trying to register database with this group listener for ArcGIS server in catalog to connect to the database its throwing error

" The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized.  Failure to access the DBMS server]"

PS: 1. Database on Database Server is : Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (SP1) - 11.0.3393.0 (X64)
Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) (Hypervisor)

2. SQL server native client 11.0 is installed on my local system and ArcGIS server.

Please suggest what needs to be done. Or if i am missing any thing while registering the database into ArcGIS Server.

TIA.

saurabh

Attachments

Outcomes