AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can not create a feature service from shapfile

Question asked by geonetadmin on Feb 13, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 19, 2014 by geonetadmin
Original User: kareem.morsy

Hello there

I have installed Portal for GIS 10.2.1 and i have windows authentication configured to access the Portal. I have Federated my Portal with ArcGIS server 10.2.1 and i have also added it as a hosting server which has a managed sde database

I have added a CSV file to my content and i was able to publish it as a feature service. and i am able to see the features on the map . and the data at my sde oracle database.

I have tried to add a valid geometry  shapefile directly to the map but i get this error

"Unable to import this shapefile. (Generate Features error: Server tool execution failed : ERROR 999999: Error executing function. No shape file found in item. Failed to execute (Generate Features for Portal). Failed.)"

I have tried to add the same shape file to my content and publish it as a feature service. but the service is never created.

I have check ArcGIS Server Logs and it says

• Error executing tool.: ERROR 999999: Error executing function. No shape file found in item. Failed to execute (Publish Portal Service)

• Unable to process request. Service Hosted/Tempo/MapServer not found

• No shape file found in item.

I have tried to add the same shapefile to the ArcGIS Online and it works perfectly fine as well as the feature service.

Request your support on this issue.

Attachments

Outcomes