seemlessly map texture across many faces

Jump to solution
11-28-2013 12:23 AM
BenLeslie1
Occasional Contributor III
Is there a way to seemlessly map a single texture across many faces?

I have created this arched roof but in doing so I have needed to put splits in the gable end.  This means that when I apply a texture I get something like this:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29435[/ATTACH]

what I want is something like this:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29434[/ATTACH]

can I get the building's overall dimensions/coords somehow and use those in the UV?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: matthiasbuehler

Hi,

The Model Hierarchy cannot be queried 'back up'.

Means you need to set up the projection at an early enough level, even before you construct those rectangles.

e.g. if the full width is 5 meters, you know that the height is 2.5 meters, so you set up that projection, then when you have the full construction further down, you just projectUV(0).

==> setupProjection() and projectUV() do not need to be sitting right next to each other in code.

ok ?

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: matthiasbuehler

Hi,

The Model Hierarchy cannot be queried 'back up'.

Means you need to set up the projection at an early enough level, even before you construct those rectangles.

e.g. if the full width is 5 meters, you know that the height is 2.5 meters, so you set up that projection, then when you have the full construction further down, you just projectUV(0).

==> setupProjection() and projectUV() do not need to be sitting right next to each other in code.

ok ?

Matt
0 Kudos